The College has a House System, which the students decided to name after local Cornish beaches:
All year groups are included in the House System. Students join one of five Houses, depending on which tutor group they are in. They are led by Heads of Houses who are assisted by House Captains who are students selected by their peers.
The purpose of each house is to:
- Provide a welcoming environment, allowing social integration within a stable and secure structure
- Encourage and support students in the performing arts, sporting, social and academic competitions
- Introduce community involvement by nominating a chosen charity for the purpose of fundraising and raising the awareness of global and local needs
- Create a sense of belonging by encouraging pride and responsibility in the House
- Encourage a sense of purpose and achievement in a variety of activities
- Introduce opportunities for leadership and mentoring through interaction between year groups. At the end of the academic year, the House with the most points will be awarded the Governors’ House Competition Trophy.